What to Expect, What to Bring
INFORMATION FOR ENTERING RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT
Your admission to Prairie Ridge Integrated Behavioral Healthcare as a resident is important to us and we want your experience to be a pleasant one. The following items will be provided to you during your stay: towels, wash cloths, bed linens, pillows, and blankets. Please do not bring your own bedding or linens from home. Please label your personal items with your name. Consider bringing changes of clothing which will allow you clean apparel for five days or more. There are washers and dryers which can be used during certain hours.
WILLINGNESS TO COMMIT
In an effort to serve those in need of residential services during these uncertain times amidst the COVID crisis, our agency has felt a responsibility to create extra precautions and expectations in order to work towards ensuring safety for patients and staff on the unit. We recognize this requires willingness on all fronts and want to make sure each individual is aware of the reasoning and rationale behind these requests. We also recognize that the risk cannot be completely diminished, however we have outlined aspects below that we hope will assist and maintain procedure as discussed by IDPH (Iowa Department of Public Health).
Please review & make an informed decision if you are willing to commit to these guidelines while in our Residential Program.
Be aware these are the highlighted aspects that will change from our prior protocol, however, note there may be other small modifications.
- Masks: Are to be worn at all times with the exception of when you are in your room
- Meals: Are to be eaten in your room at your desk
- Fitness times for the Wellness Center: No more than 3-4 patients in the wellness center at a time. All equipment must be sanitized after using
- Track: When you are walking alone, masks do NOT have to be worn. When utilizing the track with others, 6 feet must be maintained, and masks will not be required. If walking together, masks must be worn.
- Visitation: All on site visitation is suspended at this time. You will have access to video chatting with your phone or our computers on certain days of the week. The times are Wednesday 6-6:45 pm as well as Saturday and Sunday from 2-5 pm. This schedule is subject to change.
- Offsites: All offsite programs are suspended at this time.
- Patients must have an emergency contact identified with correct contact information so that these individuals can be notified if a patient is discharged or decides to leave against staff advice.
- Group Schedule: Scheduled groups may be altered with as much advanced notice as possible and changes to the schedule will happen often.
The following list may prove helpful as a list of items you will need during your stay:
What TO bring:
- Sleepwear (including robe and slippers)
- Exercise clothes (including swimwear)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sweater or sweatshirt
- Outdoor clothing appropriate to season
- Church clothing (if planning to attend)
- Driver’s license/social security card
- Feminine products
- Razor/shaving cream
- Shower shoes
- Hair dryer
- Curling iron/brush/comb
- Nail Clippers
- Prescription medications (30 day supply)
- iPod Shuffle, CD Player or another music device without Wi-Fi or camera
- Minor cash ($1 dollar bills) to purchase , soda, snacks.
- Exercise clothing for YMCA and Wellness Center activities
What NOT to bring:
- Any device with a SCREEN, Wi-Fi, or camera – such as iPad/Laptop or gaming devices (Internet PC’s are provided)
- Expensive jewelry
- Clothing depicting substance related themes
- Clothing depicting sexually explicit themes
- Food/snacks (These are provided)
- Cell phones must be checked at the desk due to camera capabilities
- Firearms, ammunition, knives, and other weapons are strictly prohibited
- No aerosols
- No products containing alcohol
- No tobacco products
- Stuffed animals
- Over the counter medications (unless a valid prescription can be provided)
PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY BEDDING!
If any of these items are brought with you, they may be discarded or will be stored and secured.
We request that patients/visitors not bring in any food/snack products as we provide those.
Firearms, knives, and other objects that may be considered weapons are not allowed.
We ask that you not bring cash money beyond your need to purchase pop, stamps, or snacks. It will be helpful for these to be in cash as we do not accept personal checks.
We ask that you bring medications that you are currently being prescribed. We will store your medications in a locked medication cart and administer to you during your stay. Please be sure to bring enough medication (30 day supply) to last the treatment stay period. All of your prescribed medications are to be properly labeled with your name, physician’s name, and instructions. It is not necessary nor allowed to bring in over-the counter items such as pain relievers, vitamins, antacids, etc. as we provide those as well. Certain medications are not allowed on the unit per policy such as, opiates benzodiazepines, certain sleep aides, etc. Please make sure you check with Prairie Ridge staff prior to admission if you have questions regarding any medication you may be taking and our policy.
Service fees and other financial questions will be addressed prior to entering. We ask that you contact the Admitting Clerk prior to admission in order to answer any questions you may have regarding this.
We are a tobacco-free campus.